1.0/2.3 CONNECTOR SERIES
The 1.0/2.3 connector series was introduced by the European telecommunications market in the 1990s. The compact design permits dense connector packing and makes them ideal solutions to applications where space limitation is a factor.
DIN 1.0/2.3 connectors are available to perform at 50 Ω with a maximum frequency of 10 GHz as well as 75 Ω with a maximum frequency of 4 GHz. These performance specifications support high data rates for AES Audio, SD video, HD video, 3Gb/s video, and other high density digital broadcast formats. The DIN 1.0/2.3 connector series complies with DIN 41626, DIN 47297, and NFC 93-571 international specifications.
The Amphenol version features a patented ultra-slim push-pull coupling system which allows quick installation and ensures positive locking and high retention.
Features and Benefits
- Push-pull coupling with patented locking mechanism allows quick installation and will not disconnect during trouble shooting like competitor’s products
- Push-pull coupling with patented locking mechanism focuses on safety. It will not vibrate loose, whereas threaded connectors are prone to vibrate loose
- 1.0/2.3 connectors are able to be densely packed, saving panel space in components that are decreasing in size
- Standard crimp tooling can be used to terminate crimp versions
- Base Stations
- Data Communications
- Telecom/ Central Office
- Filters & Wireless Components
- Switching Equipment
- Video Processors
1.0/2.3 Connectors Specifications
|Impedance||50 & 75 Ohm|
|Frequency Range||DC-10 GHz (50 Ohm)|
|DC-3 GHz, extended range to 4 GHz (75 Ohm)|
|Voltage Rating||250 Volts peak|
|Insulation Resistance||10000 MΩ|
|Center Conductor||6 mΩ|
|Outer Conductor||3 mΩ|
|Temperature Range||-40⁰C to +155⁰C|
|Mating||Slide-On Push-Pull Threaded|
|Cable Affixment (Braid or Jacket)||Hex crimp|
|Cable Affixment (Center Conductor)||Crimp or solder|
|Captivated Contacts||All crimps|
|Connector Durability||500 matings|
These characteristics are typical and may not apply to all connectors.